Monday, October 25, 2010

Low Calorie Menu Plan

It's official! I started my diet today... all the work I did back in winter 07/08 to lose 25 pounds has been wasted since I gained it all back. I'm happy I kept it off for a solid 2 years but it's time for me to get focused again and shed the pounds, except this time I want to lose 30 to have a sweet swim suit body by next summer :)


Last time I lost weight I did my own system of a low calorie diet and it worked... since then I discovered Livestrong.comLivestrong.com is great resource for helping you track your eating habits and daily nutrition. Plus it takes care of the calorie calculating for you. For instance to achieve my goal of losing 1.5-2lbs a week I can eat 1493 calories a day. If I stick to this, I will hit my goal weight by February 7, 2011. Pretty cool, huh?


The best part about calorie counting, is that it changes your mindset towards food. It helps you healthily analyze what you put into your body. And you can really eat whatever you want as long as you watch your serving sizes and make appropriate decisions on what else you will eat the rest of the day/week. That's right your calories are like a budgeting system. Sure I get 1493 calories each day, so that's like 10451 calories a week. Say I know I am going to splurge on Saturday and maybe go over by an extra 1000 calories, well that means I can only eat 1326 calories every other day that week and still stick to my goal.


Once you get used to these new eating habits they become a way of life and it's easier to keep the weight off. Ergo how I did it for two years last time.


Today I started strong and only ate 1160 calories. I am pumped to stick to this plan and even signed up for a Livestrong.com Gold Membership which is only $29.95 for 6 months. That's phenomenal compared to Weight Watchers' online plan which is $65 for only 3 months of membership. And I have to say with all the neat tools and charts they offer it's totally worth it.


The biggest thing that will keep be focused on my weight loss plan though is having a set plan of what I can and will eat. I love food and I look forward to knowing what I will make next so I decided to start out with a month worth of home made dinners. I am still accounting for only cooking 5 times a week so here are 20 low calorie meal I found that will help keep me on track.



1. Artichoke Stuffed Chicken with Rice Pilaf - 700 calories per person


2. Creamy Garlic Pasta with Shrimp & Vegetables - 730 calories per person
I'm planning on skipping the yogurt and peas


3. Pesto & Shrimp Pizza - 800 calories for 3 slices


4. Low Calorie Eggplant Parm - 126 calories a serving


5. Easy Chicken Bake - 420 calories per serving


6. Crispy Chicken with Stuffing - 360 calories per serving


7. Easy Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore and Spaghetti - 725 calories per person


8. Low Calorie Chicken Divan - 296 calories per serving


9. Oven Burger - 260 calories per serving
I'm going to use the ingredients to make yummy real burgers :)


10. Low Calorie Pepper Steak - 208 calories per serving


11. Wild Mushroom & Tomato Ragout - 164 calories
Going to add a pound of shrimp for an additional 120 calories per serving


12. Greek Style Pizza with Ricotta & Feta - 176 calories per serving
I'll toss some pepperoni on the hubby's side


13. Roasted Herb Salmon - 196 calories per serving


14. Mediterranean Salad with Artichokes, Penne, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes - 430 calories per serving


15. Pad Thai with Tofu - 223 calories a serving
Replace chicken for tofu and add 110 calories a serving


16. Mediterranean Roast Chicken - 159 calories per serving


17. Pulled BBQ Chicken Romaine Wrap - 162 calories per serving
I'll have bread or pita available for the hubs


18. Grilled Shrimp Tacos - 296 calories per taco
Gonna 86 the mayo and cabbage


19. Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings - 310 calories per serving


20. Paella - 388 calories per serving


To get me through breakfast and lunches, I will be hitting up Slimfast and Light Soy shakes which are only 170 calories and other low cal easy meals that I go to frequently. These include:
Easy Tortellini Soup - 475 calories
Yogurt & Honey - 178 calories
Peanut Butter & Honey Sandwiches - 210 calories
Smart Ones Fettuccine Alfredo - 240 calories
My Asparagus Paradise Recipe - 288 calories
Baked Potato - 243 calories


To settle my sweet tooth snack attacks, I love the 100 calorie granola bars and Smart Ones various sundaes which are only 170 calories.


With my plan in order I hope to shed some pounds and stay focused to get back into all my old favorite clothes :)





No comments:

Post a Comment