Tuesday, March 29, 2011

22 Before 22: #4 Read 22 Books

For those of you who know me, you know I love to read and reading 22 books this year would be no problem. So I decided to make it a bit more challenging by creating a specific list of 22 books.



2. Crossed by Ally Condie
3. Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
4. The Money Class by Suzi Orman
6. The World Above by Cameron Dokey
6/1/11 - it was good but not as compelling as some of the others in the series.
7. Violet Eyes by Debbie ViguiƩ
5/1/11 - Finished in one setting... proves to me why this is my favorite series and love this retelling of the princess and the pea :)
8. Saffron Dreams by Shaila Abdullah
9. The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
10. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
5/21/11 - Classic Dessen! So far one of the best books I have read this year... Sarah never fails to deliver :)
11. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
12. Heist Society by Ally Carter
6/10/11 - So very good! Cannot wait to read the next book in the series. It was like reading a young people version of an Ocean's 11 movie :)
13. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
2/1/11 - Very interesting story (although I pegged the villain long before it was revealed) and I look forward to the sequel to see how they handle the situation it ends with.
14. Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
3/1/11 - I am a huge Scott fan so I was very excited to get a digital ARC from Simon & Schuster. It was a quick read but not my favorite Elizabeth Scott book.
15. Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
16. Dear John - Nicholas Sparks
8/25/11 - Finally finished the library audio copy I uploaded to my ipod several months back... I have to say this is probably my last chance for Nicholas Sparks. I have always felt that his books were needlessly depressing and this one doesn't even end bitter sweetly. It's just annoying. Savannah was annoying. To me she could not have been a more selfish character and for that I cannot possibly recommend this book to anyone. I absolutely cannot tolerate a word that comes out of her mouth and she really never understood what love means if she couldn't put up with a long distance relationship for a few years. As someone who was in a LDR for 2.5 years, Mr. Sparks cannot delude me into feeling sympathy for her. Such an awful waste of time!
17. Matched - Ally Condie
6/21/11 - Amazing book and cannot wait for the next 2 in the trilogy. It was a fresh take on an age old plot line. Completely recommend it!
19. Beastly - Alex Flinn
5/11/11 - I liked the modern twist on this Beauty & the Beast retelling but I like some of the other versions better. The chat room subplot was a bit of a stretch for me and just came across as corny.
20. One Red Paperclip - Kyle Macdonald
5/8/11 - Just finished and this book is so amazing and inspiring! I encourage anyone who has a dream project up their sleeve to read this book and get inspired to actually dive in and work on that project. I know I have been! :)
21. I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan
8/9/11 - Very, very, very good book! Very clean and beautifully written. McCahan was able to capture so many emotions appropriate to that age and transitioning period. Definitely one of my favorites!
22. Prom Season by Elizabeth Craft
4/20/11 - Fun read like watching a teeny bopper movie but many typos and discrepancies. Definitely not as good as similar books by Rachel Hawthorne.

No comments:

Post a Comment