Sunday, April 17, 2011

22 Before 22: #21 Finish our wedding/newlywed scrapbook

A few weeks ago I purchased a $45 groupon to Blurb for only $20. Since it's been almost a year and I have still to even start on our wedding scrapbook, I decided to simply put our photos into a nice photo book. I was able to create a 68-page hardback book with a dust jacket and all the pages printed on premium lustre coated paper. All in all, I only had to pay for shipping and my coffee table book should arrive in a couple weeks.

Amazon
Feeding the Soil
As regards our newlywed scrapbook, I ordered a black fabric 8.5"x11" 3-ring binder and 100 top loading page protectors. I plan to just order my favorite photos from the past year as 4x6 prints from ArtsCow and mount them on pretty scrapbook paper mats. I will use double-sided tape to adhere a photo to a plain piece of paper and just journal below it about that specific memory. While not the prettiest, I want to keep this album simple so that I can actually keep up with it over the years. I was totally inspired by the living, growing scrapbooks created by Sara of Feeding the Soil and Amy of Progressive Pioneer.
I'll share pictures as I keep our family scrapbook updated and I am still eager to finish up the coffee table book version of my wedding blog to have printed by Blurb.

{The photos featured in our wedding book are property of Sixfourteen Photography, JD Parker, Melanie Canales, Lyzette Cantu, Synthialyn Schultz, Nat Washburn, Scott McCleskey, Tiana Nolan, and Marcie & Rae Fisher}

No comments:

Post a Comment