Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Quest for Non-White Bedding

Back when we were registering for our wedding, Luke had no input on what he wanted in our bedroom. Since I didn't know where we would be living at the time, I decided to keep things crisp with nice clean lines by registering for all white bedding.
When we setup our room, it looked great, so clean and sleek... for all of 2 weeks. Then the reality of keeping white bedding clean set in. It's impossible! Sure I can keep up with the sheets but whenever I need to wash the comforters that involves a trip to the laundromat... boo!



Finally after 15 months of putting up with this, I have decided it's time to get a duvet cover. We love the fluffiness and warmth our down comforter and secondary white comforter provide. I never want to sleep with a single comforter again! But we have got find a duvet to cover at least one of these babies.
I first decided to check out West Elm's clearance section since they usually have good deals. And I did find a pretty yellow pin tuck duvet which would match the white pin tuck window panels I picked up at the Christmas Tree Shop for $3.99 each.
I love everything about it, but while it's a great deal at $40, I remembered we have a $25 gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond from our anniversary. If I find something around $50 in their clearance section at the store and combine it with my gc and $5 coupon, I will be able to get our duvet for around $20. So I'm hoping to find something when I run up there this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment