Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vintage Wedding Dress Refashion: The Finish

So it's done! All in all it only took 1 day (an evening and the following afternoon) to refashion the vintage wedding dress I found

Confessions of the Process:
The process was kinda daunting once I started cutting because I had to take a dress that was originally half my size and make it fit. I knew cutting out the back would help this but I initially cut too much and had major side boob going on. So I had to reattach the back and try it again.
I also had to alter my intended bodice b/c of how the original was constructed but I think I found a nice solution. I ended up deciding to attach some accent lace that I had on hand but apparently my lace was 100% cotton while the dress had some polyester so they didin't dye the same. In the end though, I think it looks intentional instead of a mistake.
I think the fit isn't the most flattering for my body right now but all in all I do love this dress and can't wait to wear it. And I have to say the back is gorgeous in my humble opinion!
Oh I also whipped together a pair of glitter shoes that I formerly wrecked the leather on via a fall so I am quite excited! Best $27 outfit ever!

So what do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment