Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 before 30: #21 Own the Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium

I completely forgot this one was on my 30 Before 30 and thereby forgot to mark it off :-/
Back in March when Luke and I got our Tax Return back, we decided to each take a bit of it and buy ourselves early anniversary presents. Luke wanted a PS3 and I decided to revamp my computer. This was going to involve upgrading my memory, backing up and wiping my hardrive, and installing new adobe products.



Since I still have my college ID, I was planning on purchasing the student version of the Adobe Design Standard which include Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver. That would have been about $300. Big savings and definitely needed for work.
But then enter my job working with a local non-profit organization that just so happens to qualify for donated software from manufacturers through Techsoup. What does this mean? Well since most my work with them had been on a pro bono basis, they offered to get me the regular edition of Creative Suite Design Premium at their discounted price of an administration fee. This means I got the entire suite -which includes Photoshop CS5 Extended, Illustrator CS5, InDesign CS5, Flash Catalyst CS5, Flash Professional CS5, Dreamweaver CS5, Fireworks CS5, and Acrobat 9 Pro - on disc with all licensing and subscription keys and everything for $160. That was a savings of $1739! O_O
This also means I can upgrade whenever I need to for the low upgrade fee of $400. Pretty sweet, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment