Friday, May 6, 2011

Anti-"Green Thumb"

So since we will now have a yard (Did I mention that we are moving into a duplex? So long 2nd floor apartment and 16 immediate neighbors!), Luke mentioned that the Dallas Arboretum was having it's plant sale this weekend. I blew him off because I had no desire to drive down to Dallas to pick up plants.



But then we ran into walmart to pick up his antibiotics because he has a hardcore sinus infection and they had all these pretty plants and I was like "Ooo Plants!" Of course he immediately reminded me that I didn't want  the responsibility of plants because in all honesty, I neglect and eventually kill them.
But then I remembered that I wanted to plant a succulent garden so I could make a gorgeous living wreath like this...
I kindly explained to Luke why a succulent garden would be perfect for me because they are so resilient and require such low maintenance. This comment reminded him of a Demetri Martin sketch about how he killed a cactus and realized he was less nurturing than a desert. That made me laugh so hard that I had to find the quote then make a poster fitting it :)
Whatcha think? And you can even buy a print of this poster off my Etsy shop for $8!

No comments:

Post a Comment