Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

So this post is a little last as well as my monthly email update because unfortunately I am sick :( I'm hoping it's just a sinus infection since my classes start tomorrow. I look forward to sharing updates and maybe some pictures from that :) Afterwards I plan to go grocery shopping so here is the menu plan for this week.

Btw I dragged myself out of bed tonight to make breakfast for dinner. I got to use my new wok (I've always wanted one!) that I picked up for $3 at a yard sale on Friday. It's cast iron and has a wonderful lid... I am very happy with my purchase :)



Hearty Minestrone Soup
Baked Ziti
Fire Island Ziti from Taste of Home August/September 2010 p.46
Bubble Pizza
Baked Potatoes & Sausage Cheese Balls
Pepperoni Pizza Skillet

Don't these just sound yummy? :)

And with my calculations we should definitely be sticking to our $50 grocery budget this week. I'll let you all know for sure tomorrow.

Now for some Theraflu...

2 comments:

  1. Ok spill, Sebrina! Have you cooked something that's bombed, yet??
    I don't have an oven or stove. I can make mac and cheese in the microwave, but everytime I try spaghetti, it's terrible! I have given up on any pasta besides mac n cheese. Too much work for somethin that turns mushy and bleh! lol
    -A.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I did, Angela! I made beef stroganoff not even thinking when I used soy milk instead of regular milk and it turned into a gross sugary goulash... so gross! We had to just throw the whole pan away and go to Applebee's... lol...
    But you have now inspired me to steal some recipes from my Grandma and aunt who have been microwave cooking for decades! They can make anything in a microwave, even cake... I'll snag some of their best recipes for you :)
    Shoot me an email sometime about how you guys have been :)

    ReplyDelete