Friday, November 5, 2010

Mini Tiffany Box Cakes - AEDM Day 5

Tomorrow is the personal bridal shower I have been planning for the last 2 months. I can't wait to share all the cute little projects I have worked up.

Today though, I have had to get the cakes ready. Originally I was co-hosting this shower and the other girl was going to order a cake like this to fit our Breakfast at Tiffany's theme...


Unfortunately, things got a little crazy in her life and I had to do this thing solo. Having spent my husband-designated budget on the decorations, I decided I was going to take a stab at making the cake. Now the thought of decorating a big cake really intimidated me, so I decided to make mine mini personal cakes.

Having made a fun trip to the Christmas Tree Shop with my mom a couple weeks ago, I was able to score one of these awesome Perfect Brownie Pans for $4.99. Don't you just really love a bargain? ;)

These photos were actually from the test run I did last Friday, but I will take plenty of photos of the real batch on display tomorrow...


I even made my own fondant frosting using this marshmallow fondant recipe.


So what do you think? Do my cakes look like a success?

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I am SO going to make that marshmallow fondant. Holy amazingness. And YOU ACTUALLY MAKE THOSE OWLS? Is there anything that you can't do...haha :)

    ReplyDelete