Monday, October 3, 2011

September Reflections & October Intentions


I cannot believe October is already here! In-freaking-sanity! O_O
Well let's review my accomplishments from September:
  • Design a nudie suit jacket for Luke to wear to DOMA - This was a very fun project to work on. And I absolutely love the design I put together. Now am I am working with my aunt to try and get all the embroidery done in time... here's to hoping!

  • Make 4 anniversary gifts for the Fisher family anniversary dinner - I was able to create some cute date posters inspired by some found in my gift pinboard. Unfortunately, I got some of the dates wrong since this is Luke's family and I haven't memorized them all so I need to do some edits and reprints. Here's my favorite design for Luke's Grandpa whose wife passed away last year but they would have celebrated 50 years on September 16th. 
  • Sort through all our belonging and decide what to get rid of, store, or move with us in Nov.  - HAHAHAHA! This was a big fail! Our yard sale is on Friday and my parents come to town on Sunday and I have made only 5% progress here... but like Luke says I thrive under pressure and will whip it all together Friday night...
  • Label and organize all our get rid of items for the yard sale - see above.
  • Get back on my diet - more laughs here... at least I haven't gained back what I lost before.
  • Have company over - This was a beginning of the month success since we hosted the CO for lunch, I hosted a book swap party, and we had a dubs bridge party all within one weekend :)
  • Pick out my fall assembly outfit - Nailed this one! Not only did a make a cool mexican style embroidered skirt out of a vintage bedspread I snagged for $3 at a yard sale and am pairing with a top from one of my closet tubs. But I also found an adorable dress at  Goodwill for $1.50. Score! Cheapest assembly outfits EVER! :D
So now for my intentions for October which is going to be super busy and intense...
  • Research repartitioning the internal SD card on my Cruz Reader so that I can store more apps on it
  • Purge most of belongings so that moving is an easier process
  • Finally blog about our move so you guys are in the loop with what I am talking about
  • Collect 20 vegetarian recipes for the new menu planning club I have joined (the goal is to have all menu planning for 2012 done by Jan. 1st!)
  • Eat tons of fried food without guilt at the State Fair
  • Rest and relax while my parents are in town
  • Make our last rent payment for the foreseeable future

No comments:

Post a Comment