Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Life, The Future, and the General Mundane

So I know I have been hardcore failing at writing personal blog posts the last few months. I am not even 100% why. I love the idea of blogging. I love reading other people's beautiful blogs. But lately I feel like I have lost my voice.
I think a large part of this is the fact that I have been feeling very burned out lately. I keep talking to Luke about how I honestly feel like I have no "me" time.

I am still pioneering, which I love and I have finally gotten an amazing study which I actually prayed about for months!
Right now is my busy season with work too. Which is great! And I truly love what I do. I love getting to know my clients, hearing about their weddings, and having some small apart in making that day magical. But I feel like all I do these days besides service and studying is work. I mean I have literally been clocking 52 hour work weeks. I actually sat down and timed it O_O
I can't remember the last time I crafted for personal enjoyment. I started this cool board game project but have felt so mentally drained that I haven't even thought to finish it.
This weekend starts our 2 weeks off. While I will have to work some, I really just need to banish myself from the office and focus on stuff that makes me happy, inspired, and engaged. And starting now I am going to go back through the last few months and share some photos that have been chilling in my camera up to this point. Not too much captioning but our life in photos in order. Feel free to scout them out in my archives :)
I know I have dropped hints about some of the other craziness in our life. After only 5 months in our duplex, we moved. We've become professional house sitters for 6 months. It's pretty cool since it equals major financial savings but it's definitely required some adjustment and sacrifice. That's kinda been hard for me. It's actually kinda scary because we have no clue what comes April.
But then that's kinda cool too. There's so much possibility. My main goal at this point is to have 2012 be our year of travel. We literally went no where this year. I went once to visit my parents but other than that it was all local. Kinda makes someone like me stir crazy! Part of me feels that has been a huge subconscience issue for me this year. No escape from the mundane. No breaks. Just going, going, going.
Fortunately we are making serious efforts to rectify that immediately and have a different kind of year next year. We're starting with this 2 weeks to end 2011, then we are taking a cruise in January, an in-town vacation week in February, and moving somewhere TBD in May. We also definitely plan to get up to NH as soon as we have some spare money and find cheap flights. And there's even hope for a European stint in there at some point. This dwelling in possibility definitely lifts my spirits and gets me excited for whatever is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment