Sunday, December 25, 2011

Thoughts on Being Robbed

So last night we were robbed...

We were visiting some old friends and went to Olive Garden. On the way there Luke and I were listening to my ipod via my FM adapter. When we left a friend rode with us to another friend's house so we didn't bother to mess with the radio so it wasn't until we left her apartment that we went to plug the adapter in again that we noticed it was gone.
Luke thought it had just fallen under the seat but something told me it was worse. A flashback of when we were getting in the car reminded me that I had noticed some napkins were poking out of my glove box which I thought was odd since I hadn't opened it. So I checked my center console and my GPS was gone. The windshield clip which was hidden under the seat was gone as well. And so was the power cord which I also kept hidden next to the seat.
Apparently we had forgotten to lock one of the backseat doors and someone took advantage of that to search and steal from my car. The funny thing is we had other valuable stuff that they didn't take.
Being robbed is such an invasion of your security. I still can't shake the icky feeling. And to think whoever did it, probably was looking for Christmas gifts. I love that someone would steal in the name of a supposedly Christian holiday (*note sarcasm*).
I just have to keep thinking of the positives, that we are ok and my car is ok. I just can't believe this happened to me when 1) I am usually so OCD about locking doors that Luke makes fun of me b/c 2) my car is so old and ghetto that I can't believe anyone would target it in the first place, especially when 3) I had everything they stole hidden and out of sight from the outside. That means they had the gall to just take a stab and search my car for what they wanted. What type of awful, seedy, low-life person does that?
{image source}

2 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry this happened to you!
    some people are just very, very pathetic and would rather ruin someone else's possessions than be adults and get a job.

    i hope you're doing okay and hope you had a good Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so so sorry to hear this! A few years ago my car window was smashed out with a chunk of concrete and my stereo was ripped out. It does feel like such a violation and it's infuriating that someone feels entitled to your stuff that you have paid for with your hard-earned money. So sorry you had to go through this.

    ReplyDelete