Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Julep Maven: March Box Review

I love the concept of subscription boxes but haven't had the expendable resources to try too many. So when Swagbucks had a special offer for a free Julep box at the end of February, I had to jump on it.


At only $3.99 for S&H, I was pleased to get matched with the Bombshell Welcome Box which included the Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum, and the Zelda & Kendra nail colors.
This was the real win in my "free" box. I had been wanting to try a cuticle treatment for at least a couple years but never got around to picking one up from Sally's. So getting this at such a cheap price was totally worth it. I wanted to try it for the recommended initial 2 weeks before reviewing. Honestly I can't say I have noticed any major changes in my nails or cuticles but like taking vitamins I figure there has to be some sort of good benefits so I plan to keep up with using it.
As regards the nail colors I received, I really like them in the bottle but haven't worn them yet. I went to try them one night but found the consistency to be thicker than what I usually like. I'm a total sped at painting my own nails and always mess them up if I can't do several thin coats. So while the thicker texture would be great for single coat coverage, it means I just can't do a pretty manicure on my hands. So I plan to give them a try for a toes instead.

Since my box was so cheap, I am definitely pleased with it, but don't plan to keep up my subscription. What boxes have you tried and would recommend?

1 comment:

  1. I have been using Julep for a while now and subscribed in December.
    LOVE the monthly boxes! I don't plan on cancelling any time soon :)

    ReplyDelete