Friday, March 18, 2011

Internet Tools and Sites I love: Taxes, Browsers, & The Kitchen Sink

Well the week is coming to a close and so it our wrap up of my favorite internet tools and sites. Before I leave you though, I wanted to share a few final sites that help keep me sane...


Misc. Internet Tools for Making your Life Easier


TurboTax
April 15th is fast approaching. Have you done your taxes yet? This was my second year of filing online with TurboTax and let me tell you, it was great! All it takes is a couple hours (maybe longer depending on your situation) and you can have everything electronically filed with the IRS and 2-3 weeks later your refund will be sitting in your bank account. How sweet is that?!






Hulu
If you have busy evenings like us, then catching tv shows when they air is out of the question. That's why we love Hulu! Now we can watch all our favorite shows (including a lot of cable shows) all in one evening. Plus with only 2 minutes of commercials total, it is so much more enjoyable than regular tv. And let's not even discuss the savings from not signing up for cable. And now with the $7.99 monthly subscription from Hulu Plus, you can watch entire seasons and series of many of your favorite TV shows.


MyPlate
I know I've talked about the wonders of MyPlate before but as a reminder, if you are dieting or simply interested in eating healthier, maintaining a food log is the best course of action. MyPlate makes it so easy and pain free plus has tons of other cool resources that it is totally worth checking out.










Google Chrome
Are you still using Internet Explorer? If so, what is your problem? Seriously! Do you not know how dreadfully awful Internet Explorer is as a web browser. It's slow, unsecured, fritzy, and a shear nightmare. Don't believe me? That's because you haven't experienced the internet in any other form. At the very least you should have upgraded to Firefox by now. But better yet, why don't you embrace what the must trusted name in internet technology has developed? Google Chrome is the best browser I have experienced to date and I have tried a lot (IE, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Dolphin...). Chrome is fast, sleek, easy to use, and comes with an awesome security feature that will stop you from entering a site with detected malware threats. Yes please! So if you are going to heed any of my suggestions, heed this one and give Google Chrome a try.


Well that's it for me folks. This week has been crazy with personal developments and I promise to share those at some point...


Have a wonderful weekend!


Disclosure: I was not compensated in any way for writing this post. I just wanted to share some awesome sites with my dear readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment