Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Internet Tools and Sites I love: Wedding Wednesday

Some of you may know but before we got married, I spent a year and a half planning our wedding. That gave me plenty of time to discover what sites worked and which I could pass on. Now of course there are many sites that have come out since we were married, and you will need to discover those on your own, but here are the old reliables...

Wedding Wednesday: Websites to Save your Sanity


WeddingWire
WeddingWire was my absolute favorite in finding local wedding related events and sales, creating a wedding website to collect rsvps, and organizing our guest list. The guest list and rsvp tools are truly the best! Not only do you get to control which events each guest is invited too, but then only people whose name is expressly on the guest list can rsvp. No longer can Great Aunt Sofi send in her rsvp for +6 for all her kids and their families.




My Wedding Workbook
My Wedding Workbook featured the best budget tracking tool I came across. It made it easy to log every purchase and keep us on track and on budget. Plus the calendar tool was great for reminding us or payment schedules, deadlines, and last minute items to tend to.







My Registry
Luke and I loved creating our wedding registry through My Registry. We were able to add items from any store online or not. And we were able to do it with a click of a button... from home... in our pjs. It was totally great since we were in an LDR (long distance relationship) all through our engagement. We never had a chance to got to a store and register together. But with My Registry, both or us could add items we wanted right from our computer. Another nice feature is that My Registry will link up to the in store registries you create as well, so no worrying about duplicate purchases.

There are a lot of wedding website options out there, and even more blogs, so it's very easy to get overwhelmed. Hopefully with these 3, you can at least find some peace of mind despite all the craziness.

Tomorrow I will tackle my favorite design and blog related tools.

Disclosure: I was not compensated in any way for writing this post. I just wanted to share some awesome sites with my dear readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment