Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Our Cabin Weekend - Backpacking Trip #1

So this past weekend I was able to accomplish another item on my 101 in 1001 list :) For almost a year, we have been planning a Cabin trip with 25 friends to Burnet, TX. We were meeting there from all over the state for 2 days of fun and relaxation to celebrate one couple's 30th Wedding Anniversary.
The weekend was a total blast and I hope to share some photos at some point later. If not, then many were post to my Instagram feed.
I have been planning to sport a backpack for our entire European trip this summer, but this weekend was the perfect trial run for me. especially since my backpack was able to fit everything I needed for the weekend (food items not included for obvious reasons).
I loved the challenge of packing so light and I can honestly say I did not miss one thing that I did not pack. I had the perfect amount of clothes (2 shirts, 1 pant, PJs and undies - excluding the clothes on my back) and everything had it's own place.

I was even able to through in back-up shoes (my flip flops) and I love that I have consolidated my daily toiletries to a small bag that I actually always keep them in so no packing and unpacking of them :)
I didn't even use my kindle until the drive home so the charger was superfluous, but it was nice to have to see where it will fit this summer. The Weight Watcher book will be replaced with our travel guide books I am custom making for our trip and we both will be sporting much more compact wallets for security reasons. Plus I don't think I'll be needing my coupon book on that trip either.
Overall this trip was the perfect trial run of what to pack and what not to for this summer. Plus it reaffirmed my continued love for the backpack. Something my father can attest to after over a decade of arguing with me about sporting a very oversized one on every family vacation ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment