Monday, June 17, 2013

Ankle Pants Refashion

Since we will be delegates of the Special Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses while we are in Latvia, we have to follow certain guidelines for our dress and grooming. One of these is that we cannot wear blue jeans while in the convention city. Since I've lost a lot of weight, I didn't have any non-denim pants. As the budget savvy gal I am, I went hunting for some cheap pairs.

I found this pair of coral ankle pants for $10 at T.J.Maxx. They fit nice but the length was awkward. I felt like I was wearing "high waters". I decided to buy them anyway and I came home and googled for ways to refashion them into wearable pants for our trip.
{source}
I fell in love with these lace accented jeans and knew that's what I wanted to do with my pants. The process was pretty straight forward. I grabbed some lace I had on hand and a needle and thread.
I turned the pants inside out and stitch the lace to the bottom right above the hem so that it would show when I cuffed them. I actually used my machine so that it would hold up better in the wash. I hand stitched the pockets though so that they would still be functional.
I really like how they turned out and I think the length is now perfect for my heels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment