Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Establishing a Blogging Schedule

{source}

Behind the scenes over here, I have been working on developing a blog post schedule. Initially I thought about blogging on specific subjects on specific days. The problem with this is that my interests vary wildly depending on my mood. I want to deliver original, insightful content and if Tuesdays were limited to only cooking but I hadn't felt like cooking that week, then my content would suffer.

So I've been diligently trying to figure out what works for me. It's been a few months now and I think I've got it down.
My current plan is to write posts about things I am passionate about whenever the idea strikes. That means in one day I might write 5 posts but another week write none. So I utilize the wonderful tool of scheduling. I pre-schedule the posts I write on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. This insures that there will be new content on my blog at least 3 times a week. It's also works out that I try to be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance. Then during any given week, if something that is time-sensitive pops up, I can write that post for a Tuesday or Thursday.
I am really liking this routine and feel like it keeps my blog fresh and original.
I would love to hear what you guys think of the content lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment