Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How I'm Trying Not To Gain Weight on Vacation

{source} Chocolate Chip Cannoli
from Mike's Pastry in Boston - I am eating this!

Before heading out of town, I was hovering right at 10 pounds from my goal. I am so proud of my progress, but with our summer of travel, I'm nervous about keeping it off.
Since a large portion of our vacation revolves around food, I don't want to feel deprived by tracking everything I eat and then feel guilty if I eat something fattening. But I also don't want to undo any of the hard work I've done for the last year.

Fortunately ...love Maegan posted about the Fast Diet and the 8 Hour Diet the week we hit the road. While I didn't have time to read the books before we left, the principles she described sound perfect for curbing my food intake on this trip.

With the info she provided, I have established a plan of eating whatever I want 4 days a week (in moderation of course). But then every other day (3 days a week) I will eat only within an 8 hour time frame. This sounds like a perfect schedule that I can maintain  :-)
I'll let you know how it turns out when we get back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment