Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blue Moon Roasted Turkey

While we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, every few years I'll end up making a turkey on Black Friday because they are the cheapest they'll get that week. This year worked out nicely because my FIL was in town helping Luke with our living room remodel. We invited over a couple more friends and had ourselves a real feast.

This was my second time of ever cooking the Turkey myself. My mom always did it while I was growing up and she used the traditional oven method. Last time I made one in 2010, I decided to try it out in a roaster oven. I love the idea of setting and walking away and not having to worry about it burning or being undercooked. That time I just placed the turkey in the roaster, poured broth all over it and left it an entire day. It came out good but was so tender that the entire skeleton fell off when we tried to move it. So I wanted to try and jazz things up a bit this time.
A couple weeks ago, I read about the Orange & Herb Turkey, Emma from A Beautiful Mess made. It looked and sounded so yummy. So I wanted to find a way to make something similar and a little easier in my roaster. This recipe helped fill in the gaps and a little research on my roaster model helped finalize my take on it. It turned out so yummy that I wanted to share my recipe. I use Big Oven to catalog all my recipes now so the link below will take you to the recipe I prepared and if you are also a user, you can easily save it to your catalog :)
Blue Moon Roasted Turkey

If you end up making it, I would love to hear what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment