Sunday, August 29, 2010

Digital Scrapbooking

For a long time I have loved scrapbooking and shopping for scrapbooking supplies. But when I started getting involved in graphic arts I was opened up to the world of digital scrapbooking. Sure, you don't have all the wonderful textures and depth or a conventional paper page but oh the flexibility in color and resources! Especially when there is websites like {computer}scrapbook.com with it's hordes of free pages and elements. Another great plus, is being able to quickly reize your photo to fit any page layout desired.

So when it came to working on our wedding scrapbook, I knew I wanted to make it digitally and then just order the pages through ScrappingSimply. Remember how I picked up a copy of Scrapbook Page|Maps from the library? Well I decided to check out there website and blog and found this great contest to create a spread based on one of their sketches. 

Here's the layout sketch:


And here is my entry:


All elements were from {computer}scrapbook.com and the fonts used were Marker Felt Thin, Oh {Photo} Shoot!, and Pea Paula.

Which form of scrapbooking do you prefer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment