Monday, August 30, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

After sitting down and reviewing our budget last week, we decided to cut our weekly grocery budget from $75 a week down to $50. I was pretty comfortable with this as long as I shop the sale flyers and utilize coupons and plan ahead for each grocery visit.

In fact it's almost become a little game to see what sort of yummy meals I can come up with while staying within budget...

Usually I go shopping every week in a half or so and since I only cook 5 nights a week, I got to plan for 7 meals this week and was able to to give myself an extra 2 days budget money for grocery shopping. I ended up leaving Walmart today spending only $40 on 7 meals worth of food plus another $24 on breakfast, lunch, snack, and dessert items. I am quite pleased with that total :)

Check out what's on our Menu:

Monday: Zippy Summer Shrimp and Frozen Banana Nut Treats
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Jalapeno Shrimp with Bacon & Cheese Muffins (we have about about 15lbs of pancake mix so I'll be using that for the dough) and One Ingredient Banana Ice Cream
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Stuffed Chicken Breast & Rice
Breakfast for Dinner (pancakes, sausage patties, and scrambled eggs)
Garlic Chicken Pasta

Many thanks to all the blogging moms and wives who inspired this week's menu!

2 comments:

  1. I don't do very well with the coupons we're kind of spoiled and don't use a whole lot of the things they seem to run them for all the time- we do pretty well with markdowns on the organic meats, vegs etc ... I can't even imagine getting the budget down that low permanently though. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all ended up with the bag of Krusteaze [sp] pancake mix from Costco that we gave "the boys" a few months back!! It's my favorite. If y'all want to do a Costco run someday let me know and we'll make a day of it.

    Hugs, Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete