Monday, August 23, 2010

Paper Punch Art

Even though I love craft projects, it's been really hard for me to find time for them now that I'm married. This is what spawned the "Craft Night" on the 3rd Sunday of every month with some friends. But when I can't wait a whole month to work on a project, I like to find ones that take up a small amount of space and can be completed fairly quickly.




So when I came across this wonderful 3-d Butterfly Collage by Sarah at Cozy.Cottage.Cute. I knew it was the perfect project for me. Check out her post to see where she found her inspiration :) 


I have several pregnant friends right now and figured this would make a great budget & eco-friendly gift. I have tons of old magazines lying around to use for great patterns. But the only problem was that I didn't own any paper punches :-/ 


It was at this moment that I started kicking myself for passing up on some I saw at a yard sale last week... but never fear I could find some cheap ones online. And that I did!


Now I trust all you crafters are quite familiar with Create For Less, and I have to say I was completely amazed by their paper punch selection and pricing. I was looking for some gender neutral options so that I wouldn't limit myself to who I could make these for. And I was also interested in finding some grown-up possible punches too. Create For Less did not fail me :) For a little over $18 I was able to get these cuties here...





I think the ducky and buttons will be so adorable in a patterned wall art and I have a special project in mind for the balloon. I have been in love with the photography of Max Wanger for a couple years now and want to do a piece inspired by these photos...


These can be easily made by adding the balloon punch-out to some printed silhouettes...


Who knows maybe I'll even try to do one based on this amazing Up! themed engagement shoot :)

I'll be sure to share photos once I get started on the project.





No comments:

Post a Comment