Thursday, August 4, 2011

From Pin to Perfection

When I heard about the  Pinterest Challenge, Sherry, KatieEmily, and Lana had cooked up, I knew I wanted to give it a shot. 


I decided to create a mail sorter/message center for my project. Here is the pin, I was inspired by...


Now I didn't have an old shutter but I was able to score an old attic window vent at a yard sale for $5.
I picked up some fine grit sand paper, a cheap brush, and a bottle of white acrylic paint (the cheap craft kind) and set to work.
I wanted a basic white wash finish so I mixed about 2 oz of paint with a cup or so of water. Then I just liberally brushed the mixture all over the vent before running back over it with a dry rag. this gave it the perfect look I wanted. I did the same to a few wooden clothes pins and hot glued them to various slats. It's now hanging in our entry hallway and is the perfect place to put mail that needs to go out or hang our keys from. 
Ready for the finished product?
And there you have it! My easy-peasy $10 pinterest inspired mail sorter :)



No comments:

Post a Comment