Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jessica's Montessori Child Bed for Twins

So you may remember my post on the Montessori Child Bed and the email I sent to my friend, Jessica, who was pregnant with twins...
...well her little ones are 5 months old and are loving their beds!


Here is the email she sent me a couple weeks ago...
"I am super glad that you mentioned the idea of the montessori style sleep habits & child floor bed.  At first I was skeptical but very curious to learn more...honestly I was iffy about what my hubby would think.  A few days & much hours of online research later we made the decision.  Everyone thought we were crazy of course but I was so pumped to try it.  So then I found what type of mattresses I wanted and to reach the safest decision...the futon mattresses exceeded over all others in comparison.  I was about 5 months pregnant with twins at that time & a close family friend offered to purchase our cribs for the babies.  I swear my jaw hit the floor.  You ask why?  Explaining this modern way of sleep for infants was unfathomable for them. (Along with my parents, grandparents and every other old school couple.  Nobody understood but it didn't bother me.)  I told them what I wanted & where to find it and they totally came through. About 6-8 wks later I received my mattresses and we haven't looked back since.  I set up my nursery with wall decals, mirrors & a fluffy green carpet to match.  Well 5 months ago I had my twins & since day 1 they have slept on their floor beds.  It's been great for us b/c we can lay down with them if we want.  They can also keep each other company and play with no restrictions.  Now that they are able to scoot around I will find Liam over on Lianna's bed playing with her.  It's amazing.  They never feel like their bed is a prison which they'd might feel in a crib.  It has proven itself now that my babies get around.  I would recommend this to any new mom.  It's a dream come true how they love their room.  I'm sure its much easier with one child but I have two & it seems to work just fine.  Feel free to recommend me for advice to anyone else you tell about the Montessori floor bed.  Thanks a million."
Thank you so much for sharing, Jessica! I can't wait until we get to design our own nursery with a Montessori child bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment