Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Won a Design Contest :)

As a long time follower of Sara Cotner's blogs 2000 Dollar Wedding and Feeding the Soil, I knew I had to jump at the opportunity to design her new header.
Since Sara has often admitted to gaining inspiration in life and motherhood from Amy of Progressive Pioneer, I wanted to give her a similar illustration style header but with my own design flare. It needed to fit the name of her blog and reflect what is most important to her - being an amazing mother.
I perused her past entries to find the perfect photo of her with her son, Henry. Then taking key elements from the headers and logos from her other endeavors, I was able to create this.


I was so ecstatic when she emailed me a few hours later to tell me she absolutely loved the design and would let me know in a week if I had officially won or not. And I did! :)
There aren't even words for the joy I feel when I can create something that makes another person happy. And this win couldn't have come at a more perfect time, since I am really trying to get my freelancing business boosted to fill in our income gap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment