Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Corgi Tuesdays


When I was 12, my parents agreed I could get a dog. It would be my first pet dog in 6 years and I had my heart set on a Beagle. But we knew we wanted an adult dog instead of dealing with the puppy training phase. And our family has adopted every dog we've had since we feel there are too many homeless dogs to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on a specific breed.
Well around that time there was an ad for a loving family to adopt a 2 year old corgi named Coco. I had known people with corgis and I thought they were such odd shaped and ugly dogs. But as soon as we met Coco it was love at first sight and we fell for the breed as a whole.



Coco was the best dog and friend I could ask for. She always knew how to cheer me up and is an integral part of our family. Her personality is so strong vibrant and human like it is uncanny. She's traveled the world with us is one of the most spoiled dogs I know :)
When Luke and I got married, Coco had to stay with my parents. Now I only get to see her every few months. Since she's 11 now, I worry that she won't be with us much longer and it breaks my heart that I don't have her here with me.
Corgis have become my absolute favorite breed of dog and therefore I have decided to start sharing one of my favorite corgi pics every Tuesday. Hope you enjoy the cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment