Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Luke's Nudie Jacket

When Luke and I were first dating back in '08, one Saturday night we were on the phone while watching tv and he told me to flick to SNL to see Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy's awesome Nudie suit. I had no clue what a Nudie suit was but I couldn't deny the coolness of that rose embroidered jacket. At that moment I knew one of the coolest gifts I could ever give him would be a jacket like that. 


Well last week, he was given a brand new off white linen jacket. The perfect base for a nudie jacket if I ever saw one! So the next steps were finding inspiration and the patterns to embroider it with...
So here is what I came up with for the mock up...
So now the jacket is currently in the possession of my aunt who will help me embroider hopefully in time for the Dallas Observer Music Awards :)

{image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5}

No comments:

Post a Comment