Wednesday, September 15, 2010

5 Things I Want to Make

My Google Reader has really been crammed with all my starred diy projects I want to try so here is a list of my top favorites...

1. Olive Penguins

These are just so stinkin' adorable! I would love to make them for a party... to bad my olive allergy would prevent me from eating any :-/



Well actually I want to do this to the TV armoire my father-in-law gave us from when Luke was a little boy. Right now it's a medium wood stain but  it would look so amazing in this red. Can't wait to have a place with a yard where I can actually do intensive painting projects.



What a great house-warming, hospitality thank you, or shower gift these would make!



I always love a good fabric invitation and the fact that you can get about 20 of these babies on a yard of Spoonflower is totally awesome! I already plan to use these for any personal/cocktail party I want to throw and I am even working up a few samples to list in my Etsy shop.


 
I used to make these all the time with old magazine pages and I figured out a simple stitch binding that was more durable. Really want to bust out some new versions though.

So there's some of my current diy aspirations. That's not even mention the sewing and refashioning projects I plan to do this fall. Stay tune for some recipe updates and how my punch art turned out :)

2 comments:

  1. Totally following back! Nice blog, I am giving you an award, come back to my blog to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I love the little scrap paper books! and transparent soap!

    ReplyDelete