Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Get Your Craft On

A couple weeks ago I decided to jump on the swagbucks bandwagon and one of the high buck snatching offers I received from them was to sign up for Crafter's Choice. They are one of those book membership programs like DoubleDay but focus primarily on craft books.

I've always thought about joining one of these programs and when I saw the perks of Crafter's Choice and the fact that I would get enough swagbucks to get $10 towards Amazon to purchase The DUFF, I knew now was the time to go ahead and join.

The Verdict: Epic Win!

The principle of Crafter's Choice is that you receive 4 books of your choice at a $1 each plus shipping. Then you just have to buy 2 more books at membership prices within the next year. While not all of their books are priced as low as you could get on Amazon, in the long run you are saving a ton of money when you factor in the initial savings.

Of course, like with all of these style of clubs, they will try to pawn off other books to you on a monthly basis. But they have set up an easy website tool that let's you turn these down :)

So what did I decide to get?

Well for my initial purchase I chose...





I also got a great big travel tote bag as a free gift. So I was able to get all of this for $15.71 once you factored in shipping. Compared to the minimum of $72.35 that would have been on Amazon that is a huge savings.

The other books I'm planning to pick up within the year are:
which would come out to a total of $34.46 (since shipping is only $2.49 on orders over $25) and would fulfill my obligations of purchase. And compared to Amazon I'd be saving $17.80 just on those 3 books. That means in total I will have saved $74.44 by using Crafter's Choice to get my crafting fix!

Definitely a win to me ;)

1 comment:

  1. I totally need to get my creative swerve on!! Here from FMBT to return your follow..sorry I'm late! ;)

    ReplyDelete