Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Memory Bank

A few months ago, I fell in love with the idea of a memory bank. I decided I wanted one for 2013 and I even made it part of my 101 in 1001 list.
I initially planned to get a pretty ceramic vase and just drop all our mementos into it...
And then 2013 came and on the first day of the new year I got a very cute little drawing from a friend's niece. We had just met that morning and she decided to draw me and write my name on it. Except she spelled it "Nene" because "e" can sound like ē or ə as in "thee" or "thuh" (both correct pronunciations of "the"). So that kind of melted my heart and I wanted to save it and I wanted to show it off.
If I just put it in a vase memory bank, neither I or any one else would see it until the end of the year when I did who knows what with everything I collect through the year. So I started brainstorming other ideas.
I ended up coming up with a shadow box idea. I found one on sale at Michael's that was only $7. I brought it home, asked my father-in-law to saw a slit in the top and now I have the perfect memory bank frame.
I am very excited to drop all our goodies in the slot throughout the year. Plus I love that it is right outside our bedroom door so I can pass by it and look at it often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment