Friday, January 11, 2013

Retro Hints for the Modern Housewife

I was very excited when I saw this post from Design*Sponge this week. Why?
Because I have one of those Pasadena Art Alliance books. I have To Talk of Many Things from 1978.

I picked up this book early last year while at an estate sale for something like $1. I picked it up because the spine caught my attention.

 I worked for an Arts Alliance for a little under a year when we were first married and brainstorming fund raising ideas was a big part of my job. So finding a book that a fellow alliance used to raise money in the 70's was such a cool thing! And getting the back story from Design*Sponge on the Pasadena Art Alliance and their books was the cherry on top.
I actually keep my copy on the top shelf of my office desk, because it makes me smile every time I look at it and it goes with the retro/mod decor I'm trying to build :)

No comments:

Post a Comment