Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Project 30.30.30 - Day 30

I can't believe this is the last day! I have loved this project so much and while not every project has been fabulous, I have added a lot of fun new pieces to my wardrobe :)
Even though I am done with Project 30.30.30, I think I will continue to view refashioning as a viable and preferred option to new clothing.
For my last project I revisited an awesome skirt my mom made me a couple years ago. I loved it so much that I wore it all the time and eventually it faded severely and looked really raggedy. So to the back of the closet it went.

Well inspiration struck and I asked Luke to pick me up some dye at Walmart for $3. He got me the liquid Rit in "wine" and I threw it in the washer. 2 cycles and drying time later...

It's good as new! I am amazed by the results and am so happy I can start wearing it again :)
So at the end of the 30 days I spent $16.25. That means I came in $13.75 under budget and averaged spending only $.54/ a day. That's almost half of what I initially planned. Score!
Plus I am super happy that I get to scratch off something on my 101 in 1001 list so soon! :)
I think I want to try something like this again and maybe next time I can make it a Linky party for people to join me in doing it. Would anyone be interested in that?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awesome I'll let you know when I decide to do another one :-) I've gotta sort my closet first...

      Delete