Friday, November 15, 2013

Nursery Plans

{source}
So I've written before about my love for the Montessori nursery and floor bed. I think it is safer, more practical and economical. But as we've settled in here and are preparing for Minion's arrival, I don't know if it will be the best option for us. 

Right now we have one bedroom. And I'm generous in saying that since our bedroom has no real privacy other than our new room dividing cube case. 

I also had an office/craft room but that's being converted into the nursery. Even though that room is small, babies are small too... so there is plenty of room for Minion. But I couldn't honestly make the room safe enough for a free roaming baby. And to be honest, our lack of doors makes the whole house accessible. Plus we live in the country and despite or best efforts we still get the occasional critter. So I kept asking myself if I really want my child on the floor where other things might be crawling too?
Ultimately the answer was no. But the aforementioned lack of doors and many open doorways limits where a crib could fit. So after some research, we decided to go the mini crib route. The dimensions fit perfectly in the space we have and I found one I really like.
The layout of the nursery has experienced much evolution but so far here is the floor plan we have for everything :)
Originally, we were going to remove the bookcase in Minion's room completely since everything fit inside the cube case. But after some very generous friends gave us a ton of their little boy's clothes, there is no way everything will fit in Minion's closet. So my mom suggested using the bookcase for extra storage. I picked up these cute bins from Walmart and that way we can stash more things there.
I'm also on the lookout for 3 cute wicker baskets to put all of his toys in and these will slide into the bottom middle cubes of the hallway case. Overall I am very excited about our plans and seeing it all come together in the next few months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment