Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Sans Planner

I love planners. When I saw Say Not Sweet Anne's 2014 printable planner I had to hold back from hitting download immediately because in my heart I am very much a paper and pen girl.
In fact, every year since 2003, I lived with a daily planner. That was my first year of high school, and my school gave us these great planners for keeping track of homework and projects. I feel in love. I loved that I could keep track of deadlines and notes and try to be less forgetful and more organized.
When I graduated, I started shopping for my planners and it took a few years to find the brand I loved. I fell for the "Do It All" line of planners because I loved their cover designs, the daily page layouts, the tear out lists, and the pocket for storing papers. I had a system that worked.
But after nearly 10 years of use, I decided to not buy a new planner in 2013. I decided this would be the trial year of transitioning away from the pen and paper organization to the digital era. Why?
Well over the years, I started noticing several cons in my planner carrying ways...

  • Carrying around a planner, added another heavy item to my bag that I HAD to carry everywhere.
  • There was no reminder system. If I didn't check that day's notes then I could easily overlook something.
  • If I forgot my planner somewhere, I was lost. Only having one copy of all my details without a backup was nerve wracking.

So I decided to investigate organizational apps on my Android phone that could replace my planner. After a full year of use, I miss the nostalgia of my old planner, but I don't plan to go back. Next Monday, I'll share the apps that have made the transition and my life easier.

Have you made the switch from paper to digital?

No comments:

Post a Comment