Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Our Dallas Baby Shower

Back during the holiday time, we made the trip up to Dallas to see family and friends and attend our first shower. Due to some unforeseen and tragic circumstances, there was a bit of drama that surrounded that shower. Fortunately things worked out in the best way possible and we were able to have a wonderful time.
My aunt took the lead in hosting and with some help from family and friends pulled off a gorgeous party. She picked a Minion theme in honor of our little guy's nickname and worked super hard to make beautiful decorations.
My two favorite aspects were the adorable crochet Minions she made and gifted to me and Minion's cousins and the cupcakes that her, my mom, great-aunt, and 2 family friends slaved over for hours the day before.
Because of the circumstances (sorry for vagueness but out of respect for our family, it's not my place to broadcast the situation to the interwebs), everyone went above and beyond to make this event so special for us. It meant so much to us to be able to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our little Minion with all our friends and family.
Luke's aunt is a florist and she arranged these beautiful centerpieces for all of the tables. I absolutely loved that she tied in sunflowers which were a key element from our wedding.
Another highlight was that my best friend from when I was really little was in town also. We both moved away from Dallas when we were 5 & 6 respectively, and hadn't seen each other since. So it was so great to be able to catch up, exchange current contact info, and get this pic with our moms :)
We played some really fun games and the generosity of everyone means that we will actually be way under budget for our first year spending goals.
One of my favorite photos from the whole night was one we got with Luke & my Grandpas. They are Minion's namesakes and I was actually able to make a beautiful scrapbook page with this pic about his name in his baby book (sorry I won't be sharing it, since we're keeping his name anonymous online).
And if you are curious about my beautiful sash, my very talented aunt also made that and embroidered "Minion's (replace with actual name) Mom" on it. I felt so special wearing it all night and was able to clip it into his baby book for safe keeping.
The whole party left us feeling so thankful for having such a wonderful support network even if they may be from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment