Monday, February 10, 2014

What's on my screen? - Day 20

So today was going good and productive when all of a sudden at 1pm, my phone just loses connectivity to the T-Mobile network. I couldn't make our receive calls, couldn't text, nothing. I could connect to Wi-Fi and do everything else, just nothing network related. 4 hours later and 2 support chats later, we had tried everything including master resetting my phone which meant I lost all my customizations. My only options left as I was informed was to wait a week to get a new phone or go into a store for a replacement SIM card. Well halfway down the road, I suddenly get service back. But when I turn and and get close to our house it's gone again. Another hour support chat offered no further help. I was pretty sure it was a T-Mobile network issue and not my phone. Well my parents happened to drive by the tower right by our house later and sure enough there was a police officer parked under it. Turns out it had a power outage and they were waiting for the electricians to come out and fix it. Apparently the customer support people couldn't inform of that before making me wipe my phone so I've had to spend hours reconfiguring it to how I like :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment