Tuesday, February 28, 2012

23 Before 23

So today was my birthday O_O I can't believe I am another year older... I literally woke up today not even realizing that I was 22. Well last year I didn't do so good with accomplishing the things on my 22 Before 22 list. But last year also featured some crazy adjustments and life changes so I am not gonna let myself get down over it. Instead I am going to consider those unexpected and uncontrollable factors and make a list for this year that I think I can actually accomplish.

1. Attend Airplanes and Blazers
2. Get off hormonal contraceptive
3. Discover my home decor signature style - Working on putting this into practice but I definitely know it is artsy/eclectic with vintage influences
4. Go to the 40th Annual Chisholm Trail Roundup BBQ & music festival in Lockhart, TX - Luke and I met my FIL in June. The BBQ was so yummy and had the best Root Beer.
5. Take Luke to NH
6. Take a backpacking trip (Domestic or International)
7. Spend a weekend in Austin
8. Continue to grow my hair out - I did this all year in anticipation of a big new year chop :)
9. Be more social - moving closer to my parents helped this and I even made efforts to do better while living in Dallas by having D over alot.
10. Travel more (see trip ideas on this list) - Yes! We went on a cruise and then made a couple trips up to Dallas after moving South. There were also a couple weekend trips scattered in there. And we have even more planned for the new year.
11. Make my service time
12. Actually finish a writing project
13. Keep my business productive and organized - I am so proud of what I accomplished this past year!
14. Review 23 books on this blog
15. Complete our 2nd anniversary photo shoot and make a photo book out of it to add to my collection - Checkcheck!
16. Actually lose weight
17. Complete a 30 day wardrobe challenge - I actually snuck this right into the end of 2012 with Project 30.30.30. :)
18. Conquer Project 333 - Yes! It was huge success and a lot of fun! :)
19. Have a real picnic with blanket and basket and all! - We did this for our anniversary :)
20. Entertain at least every other month
21. Be a more genuine blogger and increase reader engagement - working on this by blogging about personal things like finances more and I have been receiving emails from readers :) After reviewing 2012, I was proud to see how much more genuine I got with my posts and shared more personal and posts than pretty fluff.
22. Expand my business - I'm counting this different than #13 because I want it to involve branching out in new directions like going mobile or opening a consignment boutique or both! - Yes! I still have room to work on this but I started by defining my business plan and have now launched 2 new avenues: Poetry on Demand and my baby boutique line.
23. Rebuild our savings "nest-egg" - getting there slowly but surely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment