Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Project 333

So I mentioned in my 23 before 23 list that I want to conquer Project 333. The philosophy behind this project is to create more with less out of your wardrobe by only working with 33 articles of clothing over the next 3 months.

This project resonated with me because I have been feeling so overwhelmed with my clothes lately. I just have way too many and end up wearing the same things over and over again that don't really look good on me to begin with. So for me the benefits are that it will help me:
  • Pare down my closet
  • Prepare for our April 25th move by packing up unnecessary things now
  • Discover my own personal/signature style
  • Make selecting outfits in the morning easier
  • Know everything in my closet looks good on me
I was a little nervous about the rules that shoes and accesories are included because my varied lifestyle requires lots of differnt kind sof clothes. But the founder, Courtney, after all did state the following: "This is not a project in suffering. If you need to create a version of Project 333 that works better for you, do it."
So here are the rules I set for myself:

  1. Select 33 articles of clothing that will comprise of my complete wardrobe for the next 3 months.
  2. Not counted to the 33 are shoes, jewelry, accessories, underwear, pjs/house clothes, and RBC clothes and gear.
  3. I will begin this project and it will last from February 29 to May 31st.
  4. If I purchase a new item or decide to add an article to my closet than I must permanently swap it out for another article.
  5. All my other clothes must be boxed up and out of sight.
So tonight, Luke helped me sort through my closet and box up the undesirables. Can you guess how much got stowed away? 3 BOXES! And these aren't little boxes either O_O My mom is gonna have fun sorting and purging through them with me when she comes up for the packing mission.
And what was I left with?
Yep, that's it! And it breaks down as follows:
  1. Scarf/Head Wrap in Pinks
  2. Hot Pink Trench Coat
  3. Multi-color Brown Dress
  4. Brown Dress
  5. Black Dress
  6. Blue Dress
  7. Turquoise Denim Skirt
  8. Gray Skirt
  9. Purple Skirt
  10. Olive Skirt
  11. Wine Skirt
  12. Brown Blouse
  13. Retro Tunic Dress in Browns and Pinks
  14. Purple & Gray Blouse
  15. Navy & Gray Blouse
  16. Navy Blouse
  17. Gray Camo Blouse
  18. Black & White Blouse
  19. Turquoise Shirt
  20. Black Polo
  21. Black Tuxedo Tee
  22. Silver Tank
  23. Red Tank
  24. Brown Bolero
  25. Brown Short Sleeve Cardigan
  26. Brown Ruffle Bolero
  27. Cream Cardigan
  28. Black Cardigan
  29. Gray Cardigan
  30. Dark Denim Capris
  31. Gray Slacks
  32. Dark Jeans
  33. Khaki Slacks
And what did this tell me about my signature style?

Well I ended up with a color scheme of browns and grays with bursts of jewel tones. And apparently I love flowy sheer tops and dresses with fitted skirts.
I will try to keep up with outfit pics as the months progress and let you all know how this turns out :)
Has anyone else tried Project 333?

No comments:

Post a Comment