Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Things I Love Tuesday: The Beauty Edition


Have I ever expressed to you guys how much I love my skin? You might not guess it looking at me since I am a fan of natural makeup and minimalism but I really strive to take good care of my skin from head to toe. This means daily full body lotioning, and excellent facial cleansing routine and constant hand moistration. So over the years I have found some products that I just can't live without when it comes to taking care of my skin and making sure my face always looks beautiful :)





  • Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation - I was never a fan of heavy liquid or cream makeups because they felt like they were melting of my face in these Texas summers. Plus I'd have to buy multiple shades to keep up with my tan variations throughout the year. Well this powder foundation is amazing because it feels like I have nothing on, it always blends with my skin tone and it looks so natural!


  • Blush - I prefer to find blushes that come in trios of pink to shimmer because they work really well. My favorite shade was discontinued a while ago so I stocked up on 3 packs and am working my way through them :)
  • Maybelline Volum' Express the Colossal mascara in Glam Black - So I have always had really long eyelashes but it took years for me to start wearing mascara because I would always see my lashes when I had it on. It took a very makeup savvy friend told me I needed to be using an eyelash curler. Thanks to her, mascara has become my new best friend and this stuff makes them look so huge and dramatic!

  • Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - As a longtime pencil user, I loved the bold dark lines I'd achieve but hated the smudging. Well my mom introduced me to Maybelline's Gel Eyeliner and I haven't looked back. It lasts all day, goes on so easier (which is great because I most often apply my makeup in the car), and is very intense and beautiful!

  • Eyelash Curler - If you are like me and have eyelashes that grow straight out or worse yet, downwards. You've got to use a curler. It has revolutionized my relationship with mascara and how I wear my makeup in general because I can always highlight my best feature, my eyes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment