Monday, April 9, 2012

Green Smoothie Day 1

So today I had my first green smoothie. I have been hearing about the benefits of them for the past few years from Sara at Feeding the Soil. So when Elsie at A Beautiful Mess posted about her 5 day green smoothie challenge with recipes I decided to finally give it a try.
For starters I am a big smoothie fan. The only reason I don't drink them more is because I hate cleaning out my blender after :-/ So I figured a smoothie with some greens wouldn't be so bad.
Well for my first one it wasn't awful but it also wasn't as delicious as some of the more fruity counterparts I've made :(
Tomorrow I am going to try one with peaches and oats so hopefully that will be yummier and less spinachy tasting...
Here's my recipe:
2 Handfuls Fresh Spinach
1 Can Crushed Pineapple
1 Small Banana
1 Tbs Honey
1 Cup Red Ruby Grapefruit Juice
Handful of Ice


No comments:

Post a Comment