Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ideas to Expand my Business this Year

So one of my goals for this year is to expand my business in some way. The problem is there are so many things I want to try and do! Here is the preliminary list of ventures I could try and I plan to work my way through the pros and cons of each over the next month or so. Because after all without direction, my dream will never be a reality.



This was actually one of my goals from last year that didn't see fruition :-/ I got close, I had all my lesson plans gathered and a syllabus I just never got around to formatting it and making it pretty. I think Red Velvet does a lovely job with all their e-courses and I would love to create an artistic photography course of my own.


I would absolutely love to organize a photography workshop with demos and classes from top name photographers. I already have a list of the ones I would love to work on this project with. And of course you would have to have an amazing location/setting for all the gorgeously styled shoots.



I have already shared my obsession with this new trend and I would just die to have my own little shop to drive around with :) This one actually doesn't seem that hard to accomplish. The main hang up is acquiring the mobile vehicle :-/



Where we are moving to, wedding shows are a huge deal! And I would really love to start exhibiting at them to showcase my invitation, event design, and photography services. Would it be so fun to have a photo booth setup at a wedding show! I just love this setup Aria Photography did. Especially that love seat!

  • Create my own Monthly Subscription Box service (inspiration)



Introducing Whimseybox from Alicia DiRago on Vimeo.
I am in love with the idea of subscription boxes! And I have a few ideas on how to develop one that is different and unique to stand out from all the other options out there. Many my goal would be to target a specific audience. I just love this video from Whimseybox! They make me want to start doing this now!



Since before my own wedding I have wanted to own a laser cutter so that I could make laser cut invitations like this gorgeous Mexican inspired number from Avie Designs!


For as long as I have lived in the Dallas area I have been envious of the shows, and support network of Etsy Dallas. Unfortunately I never lived within the membership area :( But I would love to create my own network of like-minded creatives in the RGV.

  • Start offering photo booth services at events (inspiration)


I absolutely love the concept of the new event photo booths like Smilebooth and I think it would be a great avenue of photography to branch in to :)



When it was alive Nonpareil Magazine filled that need for a wedding magazine devoted to helping DIY brides. It was such an amazing concept, beautifully developed and had amazing contributors. It was such an honor to have a part in it but now that it's gone I really wish their was a quality replacement. Utterly Engaged is doing an amazing job but I really loved the DIY aspect of Nonpareil :)


So this one seems pretty daunting but our new community does not have a local Arts Alliance. Since I have experience working for one and I know how valuable they can be to local artists and the community in general I would love to help establish one in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment