Monday, April 22, 2013

Commissioning Custom Art for only $5

Photo by Alondra Andrade
So I did it... I commissioned a piece of art representing me and Luke. And no, it's not a piece by Vittoria Volovik. Although I still want one and am holding the door open on that.
Actually this was a spur of the moment unresearched purchase that only cost me $5. Yes $5. I still can't believe that one! O_O
A couple weeks ago, I read about Fiverr in an article on WiseBread. While they were talking about offering a service for $5 on there, I thought it was worth a look to see what I could get for only $5. That's when I came across user Malkinatan aka Natan Malki. He is offering custom watercolor drawings for only $5. You can send him any photo and he'll send you back a scanned copy of his sketch. At $5 I figured it was a worth a shot!
I decided to send him this photo of me and Luke.

It was taken during our 2nd Anniversary shoot and I love that it features a sunflower which was not only our wedding flowers but always makes me smile.
Well less than 24 hrs later, Natan had sent me this...
I absolutely love it! It is such a beautiful piece of art to add to my collection. And I still can't believe it was only $5. I plan to print it using my Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl paper which will make it look so nice and professional! Totally worth the $5!
I loved his work so much that I am commissioning several more pieces from him because I just can't resist the quality of work for the price. If you've ever wanted a custom watercolor piece, Natan is your guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment