Monday, April 29, 2013

Sprucing up Store-bought Spaghetti Sauce

So a couple weeks ago, I was able to snag a great deal on Reduce-Fat Ground Pork and Prego Jarred Spaghetti Sauce. I know some people are very picky about their spaghetti sauce but I'm not. That's not to say that I don't think some taste better than others. It's just that no matter what brand I buy I always add my own flavoring to spruce things up.
The other day when I was heating up a batch I decided to take photos to share my process.
The basics are that while heating up the sauce, I add in the following seasonings:

  • Fresh Ground Pepper
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Oregano
  • Garlic Salt
There is no real science for the quantities of each. I just add to taste. But the real key ingredient here is the Garlic Salt.
We picked up this blend by Lawry's from Sam's and love the dash of Parsley that it includes. I add this stuff to almost everything I make.

Once the sauce it warmed through, I just pour it over my favorite pasta. You can optionally add mushrooms, diced tomatoes, and your fave ground meat.
I'll be sharing soon how I've been turning that ground pork I scored into Italian sausage  Spoiler alert! It's all in the seasoning ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment