Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More Owls - New Bedroom Decor

So you know how I mentioned running with the owl decor idea for our office/guest bedroom? Well I got to thinking and was like, 'Why not?' I had already decorated the office side of the room with green and black because I have some old window panels that are green. I still might hang those up actually. But I decided to look for some owl themed fabric to make a window topper or valance.

That's when I found this...


The brand is Nick & Norah but I was only able to find one yard of it still for sale on Etsy. After consulting with the hubs via text, I snatched it up for just under $14. A bit more than I would usually spend on fabric but I will be able to get 2 window treatments out of it. And it has green and black in it so it works perfectly with what I already have!

This is the style of valance I plan to make...


Super cute, right? And for the new bedspread I found this perfect reversible microfiber comforter on clearance at Walmart.


That's right I only spent $35 to revamp this room. I already have the curtain rods and some old sheets from the teen years that perfectly match. So I just need to find the valance border fabric and a nice tan dust ruffle or fabric to make one. All in all, I think our room makeover will come out to about $50. I can totally live with that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment