Thursday, November 4, 2010

Post



I dropped by the DFW blogger social Hello, Splendor & Hello, Splendor hosted tonight called Post. It was held at the new Nest location in dallas. I was only able to spend 30 minutes or so there because we had our meeting tonight (religious services) but it was definitely a lot of fun.


It was so nice to meet the different writers behind the blogs I follow. Beth of Hello, Splendor is just down right gorgeous... I felt like I was talking to a super model and Kelly of Hello, Splendor was beyond sweet and hospitable. I even got to meet Heather of The Social Thread so that was really cool. 


Plus I was one the first 30 bloggers there so I scored a sweet swag bag featuring all sorts of goodies from companies like Nest Interior Design, F is for Frank, Bella Card Company (I love there notecards!), Studio Surface, Susan Posnick Cosmetics, and The Vintage Pearl (actually got one of their Vintage Lovebird necklaces... swoon!).


Part of the event, was to take part in a scavenger hunt for your 5 favorite items at Nest. Here are mine :)


1.
I thought this old London style city scape serving set was the coolest thing! Here is a photo of it in action...

2.
So maybe it's the Mexican in me but I absolutely love this throw blanket. It would be the perfect burt of color in a monochromatic living room.

3.
I don't even know what to call this chair and it is in fact a chair for a child's room but is this not the cutest thing! I really cannot wait to create a wonderland sensory overload bedroom for my kids. I want to use the bedroom set in the movie Penelope as inspiration but that is another post entirely.

4.
This Mademoiselle is swoon worthy although I didn't actually test to see how comfy it is. Unfortunately at $950 it is a tad too rich for my blood. Although I do think I could come up with a pretty sweet DIY version of it ;)

5.
And lastly I thought this family history book was the neatest idea. It had entire pages for each date and various members of the family can add a year and what happened. There is even a forward for the patriarch/matriarch to fill out. I would really love to do something like this for our family. Even plan for different relatives to fill out their side of the story on the days of important events (weddings, baptisms, births, etc). Wouldn't that be so cool? 





3 comments:

  1. How gorgeously cute! Fabulous settings and great links, thank you for sharing.

    xoxo

    www.wonderingweddings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s great that so many small businesses are catching on to the power of local bloggers. What a great way to spread buzz! The store and the crowd were fantastic. It’s interesting to see that your Fab 5 were totally different from mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your top 5!! I wish we'd met that evening...hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete