Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Improving my Productivity: Office Organization

Last Friday, I came home and spent a good 5 hours cleaning and organizing my office. Since then I have felt so productive and at peace when I come in here to work. I love when my environment is neat and orderly even though I hate the process of getting it there :-/
Part of what took me so long is that I wanted to arrange everything in a way that worked with my small area, looked good, and was logical to find and use :)

Here is what I did for my desk:

  1. I love my desk for all it's built-in shelving and storage. In the top left corner, I put my travel-ready file folders where I keep all client contracts and vendor receipts.
  2. I snagged this awesome paper organizer on clearance at Michael's. I can keep all my scrapbook paper sorted by color for easy reference.
  3. This cute little green box holds all my important photo-editing and software discs.
  4. This salvaged wine crate has made a perfect on the go workbox. When I know I am going to need to take some work on the road with me, I can stow everything ins this crate and travel with ease :)
  5. I scored this paper box from the Container Store via an anniversary gift card from my aunt last year. It's perfect for keeping frequently used specialty papers nice and clean.
  6. This is my shipping cubby where I keep customs forms and labels.
  7. The office supply cubby.
  8. My misc. cubby for those items that just don't have another home.
  9. This is my live-by business binder. It's where I keep all my work orders and buyers lists. Starting this binder was the best decision I ever made for my business :)
  10. My USB port box makes uploading photos and syncing my iPod a breeze :)
  11. Another Container Store snag, my mouse pad doubles as an adorable note pad for keeping track of to-do lists, calls, emails, and misc notes.
  12. I actually keep unfinished projects in my printer tray as a daily reminder that I need to finish them ;)
  13. And I love how small my keyboard is for this large rolling tray. That way I can store frequently used items like my calculator right at my fingertips.
Some other favorite features of my new office include my craft supply wire rack. I've run an extension cord to the top of it as well so I have a handy little hot glue station. And I absolutely love my over the door cloth shoe sorter turned craft supply storage. I can keep everything organized by type and know exactly where something is when I need it :)

How do you keep your office organized for productivity?


No comments:

Post a Comment