Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Smart Phone Diet

So I have been talking about dieting for as long as I have been married but instead each month I have steadily gained weight. Now I am at my breaking point. According to my BMI I am officially obese and that is just ridiculous for my small framed body.

But the hardest part of dieting for me is staying motivated. I am pumped for a day or two but then I fizzle out. That why I really enjoyed Weight Watcher meetings but I just don't have the money for that right now :-/
Since I moved back to the Valley, my close friend, Ana, and I have been talking about getting back on a diet. We both have had experience losing a lot of weight before so we know what we need to be doing and what works for us personally. It's just a matter of doing it. We've been talking and talking and talking for the last 6 weeks but no concrete plan has worked. But then over lunch on Monday, it hit us....

The rules are easy:

  • We each pick a diet plan to stick to.
  • We photograph every meal we eat and text the photos to each other as a check-in.
  • We exercise twice a week for at least 30 minutes or for the 4 minute workout.
  • If we follow the above rules during the week, then we get one cheat meal on the weekend.
Ana and her mom are following a low carb diet while I am focusing on basic nutrition and moderation. My meal plan is to have a Naked Protein Zone Smoothie for breakfast, a light lunch like soup, and a balanced yummy dinner :) I've also allotted 2 low calorie snacks a day. For me it's all about regular meals and portion control.

It's only been 3 days but I love the accountability this diet gives me. I actually have someone to answer to. And the phone aspect makes it so easy. I can watch workout videos right there. I can even track how my weight lose goals are going with the Weight Loss Tracker app.
My gola is to lose 40 lbs by the end of there year. That gives me 6 months. Let do this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment