Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Homemade Gift Exchange Gift


This month was the first time I ever participated in the Homemade Gift Exchange. I found it a nice way to do a craft project, I probably wouldn't otherwise. 

With this exchange, Linda the organizer and genius behind Craftaholic Anonymous used the service Elfster to organizer and assign gifters. While I am still learning their system, it was a pretty neat way to ask questions and get to know who you were gifting for.
My giftee told me she likes to read, garden, and loves nature items like pinecones. For a moment, I thought of making her a pinecone flower broach, but I wanted to try something new. Thinking of materials I had on hand, I turned to google and found theses cute little fairy-sized candles. I had my idea and I just had to put it together...
I melted down tea lights and used the wicks and wax to make these mini acorn cap lights. I then placed them inside a carved out vintage book. I finished my packaging with a cute whimsical note explaining the instructions for these candles since the work best floating in water and last only 7ish minutes.
I received a message from my giftee tonight saying she loved them so I view this exchange as a success! I'll share pics too when my gift comes in ;)


1 comment:

  1. Okay...this is so cute! What a great gift! I am sure that she loved them! :)

    ReplyDelete