Monday, June 4, 2012

Project 333 Update and 15x15x2

So it is officially June and my Project 333 is over. I am sorry I didn't post any outfit pics but I found life was just too hectic to remember to do so. But how did my challenge fair? Let's recap...
  • I had only 33 articles of clothing for 3 months
  • I felt incredibly liberated because getting dressed in the morning was a breeze
  • I confidently knew everything in my closet would match, fit, and look good on me
  • I never felt bored or restricted
  • I did buy a couple new things but would swap them out for other items
  • My last month had considerably less than 33 items because of our move
  • I would definitely do this project for every season of the year :)
So there you have it, a complete and utter success! :) So now I want to try my hand at a 30 day challenge. There are lot of them out there but none really resonated with my fashion or lifestyle. So I have decide to create my own called 15x15x2.

Here are my rules:
  1. Select 15 articles of clothing that will comprise of my complete wardrobe for one month.
  2. Not counted to the 15 are shoes, jewelry, accessories, underwear, pjs/house clothes, and RBC clothes and gear.
  3. I will begin this project and it will last from June 1st - 30th.
  4. If I purchase a new item or decide to add an article to my closet than I must permanently swap it out for another article.
  5. All my other clothes must be boxed up and out of sight.
  6. I must pair my 15 articles into 15 different combinations of outfits.
  7. I can only repeat a combination twice throughout the month.


Since this challenge require more creativity and detail to pairings I will try to have Luke take a photo of each combination I wear.
On Friday I sorted through my clothes, which was easy since most stuff is still packed. Over the last 3 weeks I have had to reassess and replace a lot of what I did own to fit our new climate. The weather here is in the 100's already and will stay that way through August. It has even been in the high 90's in December O_O Plus we have humidity that rivals Houston because of the Gulf and crazy high winds like the Santa Ana's. Basically I say it's like living inside a mouth, warm moist air constantly lapping at your skin :-/
This means my wardrobe has to consist of cool breathable fabrics. No polyester for me! Only 100% cotton or rayon. Linen is good to but we all know I don't iron so that's just not an option! So considering these factors here is what I selected for the month:

  • 3 Solid Straight Skirts - Gray, Maroon, and Turquoise
  • 2 Capri Pants - Both are dark wash denim but one has pockets and the other doesn't
  • 2 Dresses - Pink Chevron A-line and my Brown Ethnic Sheath
  • 2 Cover-Ups - Peach Sweater and a Brown Bolero
  • 2 Camis - Black and Turquoise
  • 3 Tees - Navy, Turquoise, and Gray Stripe
  • 1 Swimsuit - TBD
Can't wait to see what combinations I come up with and feel free to join me in this challenge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment